Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My LDS Memories photobook review

A little while ago we were contacted to review a photobook company called My LDS Memories.

I was a little hesitant at first to try it. Firstly because I think it was December when they contacted us and man is that a busy month. Secondly because, even though their templates are absolutely adorable, I had no baptisms, missionaries, new babies, etc. to make a book about.

But guess what? They had an option for custom books! (I'm picky, so custom is my fave way to go.)

So I hopped on their site a few weeks ago and made a Christmas book:

(Yeah, that says 2009 - I'm a little behind on my scrapbooking.)

The online page building software at My LDS Memories was FABULOUS. Seriously, I cannot express how much I loved it. There are too many great things to list here (the post would be way too long) but my favorite feature was how I could line up the pictures on the page by using their automatic guides. No eyeballing necessary! It was great.

Also, I very much loved their options for background images. I have a tendency to use background images sparingly, but when I was including them I had a hard time choosing my favorites.

The finished book quality at My LDS Memories is pretty good. In the past I've gotten books through Heritage Makers, Picaboo, Shutterfly, Winkflash and Blurb and My LDS Memories can rival the quality found in most of the sites. I have to admit that the more expensive books we've gotten from the pricier sites have a higher print dpi that the book I got from My LDS Memories, but for the price it's WELL worth it.

They also do great binding, so I won't have to worry about my book falling apart (always a major plus).

One of the best things about My LDS Memories is the price. Seriously. You probably aren't going to find a better deal, especially if you want to find LDS specific templates (that are actually cute).

I absolutely love the book I got through My LDS Memories and I want to say thank you to the awesome people there who gave us the opportunity to review it!

No comments: